We go through different phases depending on the given project and objectives. Also, on a website project, the design process is a subset of a wider design, development and quality assurance process. However, in general we have a standardised design process that looks something like this:
- Scope and planning – we aim to understand the full scope and requirements behind a given need for the design.
- Production – we will design and scrutinise the design through a couple of layers internally.
- Feedback – you will provide feedback on the designs that have been provided to you.
- Iteration – we will amend any designs based on feedback (we mostly offer two rounds of iterations here).
- Sign-off – you will sign-off the work once you are happy with it.
- Delivery – we will provide final files (if it is print design) or will send the design live (if it is website design).
That’s it! Nice and simple, but also clear and communicative.